Ralph Couey

Ralph Couey
Photo by Darryl Cannon, Powerhead Productions

About Me

Pearl City, HI, United States
Husband, father, grandfather, friend...a few of the roles acquired in 68 years of living. I keep an upbeat attitude, loving humor and the singular freedom of a perfect laugh. I don't let curmudgeons ruin my day; that only gives them power over me. Having experienced death once, I no longer fear it, although I am still frightened by the process of dying. I love to write because it allows me the freedom to vent those complex feelings that bounce restlessly off the walls of my mind; and express the beauty that can only be found within the human heart.

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Welcome!

Copyright © 2010 by Ralph Couey

This is my 5th blog, a compilation of motorcycle-related posts from my "Race the Sunset" blog. While I write about a good many things, my most consistent and reliable muse has been the experience of riding. In 18 years and some 220,000 miles motorcycling has become my greatest passion, the penultimate expression of a freed spirit and unshackled joy. 

As a writer and freelance columnist, I have a responsibility to put into words my reflections and emotions generated as life and I flow past one another.  However, I have yet to achieve that collection of words and sentences that satisfactorily convey what happens within me while rolling down a road dappled in sunlight and leaves on a perfect day; the horizon beckoning my soul, my heart overflowing.

But that's a challenge that manifestly appeals to me. 

Enjoy your stay and feel free to drop a comment or two.  If you ride, if you know the passion of which I speak, in this place you're among friends.

Warmest Regards,
Ralph Couey
Somerset, PA

No comments:

Post a Comment